Effective Date: December 15, 2014
Thank you for using BILSI!
BI Logistics Services Inc. (“BILSI”, “us”, “we”) is concerned about online privacy issues and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose any personal information that individually identifies you (e.g. your name, address, phone number, e-mail address). Personal information means any information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name or business contact information of an employee of an organization.
1. What Personal Information Do We Collect? We may collect personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us through a number of features available via the Services. We will only use the personal information that we collect for the purposes for which it was collected. These include: First and Last name, e-mail address, mailing address if user decides to add a default address
Account. In order use our Services (including opening an account), we collect, and associate with your account, personal information like your name, email address, phone number and physical address. This personal information is required to carry out our verification procedures and process transactions, issue new passwords if you forget or lose your password or otherwise administer your account.
Contact Information. If you contact one of our Services Representatives through the Sites, we may ask you for personal information such as your name, address, phone number, or e-mail address so that we can respond to your request.
Transaction Information. If you use our Shipllama site to ship merchandise from a foreign merchant, or domestic services, BILSI will require information related to each transaction, which includes transaction information and a brief description of the purchase. BILSI retains this information for each of your transactions through the Shipllama site.
Payment Information. We collect but do not retain your credit card information if you pay for the Services this way. BILSI nor Shipllama™ does not store any credit card information on our site, our 3rd party merchant services provider named Beanstream can maintain it if you prefer. Their policy can be found at http://www.beanstream.com/about/security-and-pci-compliance/
2. How and Why Do We Gather Personal Information Through Automatic Means? Usage. We collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services.
Cookies and other technologies. Sometimes we use cookie technology, web beacons and other similar devices on this website to enhance functionality and navigation for our visitors. Information tracked through these mechanisms includes, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; (iii) the pages of the website a user visits; and (iv) other websites a user visited before visiting this website. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features on this website. Cookies do not collect or contain your personal information.
Internet tags, graphic tags and similar web beacon type functions allow us to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page or to access certain cookies. We may use web beacons on this website to count users and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Being able to access our cookies allows us to personalize this website and improve your experience at this website. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened. Like cookies, web beacons do not collect or contain your personal information.
3. To Whom Do We Disclose Personal Information? We may disclose personal information for the following purposes or to the following organizations:
Facilitating Transactions. In order to facilitate applicable customs declarations, BILSI will disclose personal information about you and your purchase to the relevant authorities (CBSA) on your behalf when you make a purchase.
However, you should know that Third Party Providers performing services on our behalf may store, transfer and process personal information on servers located outside of Canada in countries (including the United States) whose data protection laws differ from those of the Canada. As a result, your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions. For example, information may be shared in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts and law enforcement officials in those countries. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require our Third Party Providers to maintain protections on personal information that are equivalent to those that apply in Canada.
Acquisitions. We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party.
Additional Purposes. Lastly, we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose to which you consent. However, we will not sell your personal information to advertisers or any other third-parties.
5. How we protect your personal information The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards (appropriate to the sensitivity of such information) designed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access of the personal information that we collect on the Sites. We have a team dedicated to keeping your information secure and testing for vulnerabilities. We also continue to work on features to keep your information safe in addition to things like two-factor authentication, encryption of files at rest, and alerts when new devices and apps are linked to your account.
The security of your Shipllama account also relies on your protection of your Shipllama account password. You may not share your Shipllama password with anyone. Shipllama will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an e-mail, though Shipllama may ask you to enter this type of information on the Shipllama website, which will always have a URL beginning with https://shipllama.com/. The padlock icon found in most browsers will appear locked and the first characters of the website address will change from “http” to “https” if you are accessing a secure server.
Any e-mail or other communication requesting your password, asking you to provide sensitive account information via e-mail, or linking to a website with a URL that does not begin with https://shipllama.com/ should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to BILSI immediately. If you share your Shipllama password with a third party for any reason, including because the third party has promised to provide you additional services such as account aggregation, the third party will have access to your account and personal information, and you may be responsible for actions taken using your password. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your account password, please change it immediately by logging into your account and changing your profile settings.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
6. Electronic Communications As part of signing up to receive the Services, you consented to receive email from us in connection with the Services. You may have also opted in to receive future promotional communications from us. If you opt-in to receive such communications, we may use the information to: communicate with you regarding our products, services and promotions; provide you with other information that you request; and/or improve our product and service offerings. You will always have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” from receiving any of our e-mail or other communications at any time. We provide an on-going opportunity to unsubscribe or opt-out of contact by us by accessing our web-site, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 1-800-663-8891. Additionally, each e-mail includes an opt-out feature and instructions on how to un-subscribe if you do not wish to receive future e-mails from us for these purposes.
7. Retention We’ll retain information you store on our Services for as long as we need it to provide you the Services and to fulfill the purposes for which it was disclosed in accordance with BILSI’s retention policy. If you delete your account, we’ll also delete this information. Please note: (1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and (2) we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
If you decide to close your BILSI account, your account information will be kept in our database for up to seven years. This is necessary in order to deter fraud, by ensuring that persons who try to commit fraud will not be able to avoid detection simply by closing their account and opening a new account and cover requirements of CBSA. However, if you do close your BILSI account, your personal information will not be used by us for any further purposes, nor sold or shared with third parties. Accessing and Changing Your Information
You can review the personal information you have provided BILSI and make any desired changes to such information, or to the settings of your BILSI accounts, at any time by logging in to your BILSI account and changing your profile information, including your password.
10. Children Children are not eligible to use our Services and BILSI asks that minors (under the age of 18, or under the age of consent in your jurisdiction) do not submit any personal information to us or use the Services.
see personal information that you have already sent us so that you can correct or update it delete your personal information from our files;
Please contact us at privacy@BILSI.com and we will endeavor to get back to you as soon as possible.